Cheshire CARES (Cope and Recovery Enhanced Service) is the Commissioner’s dedicated service providing support to all victims of crime in Cheshire based on the individuals’ needs.  

Who can get support?

All victims of crime, bereaved relatives, staff where a business is targeted and spokespersons or parents of victims under 18 will have access to the CARES service.

From reporting a crime or contacting the CARES team, the individuals’ needs will be assessed in detail to ensure the right support is provided, be it just telephone contact or a more comprehensive care package via community visits from the team, or referral to a specialist partner.

How do I get support from Cheshire CARES?

Call 01606 36 6336 or Email 

Via 101 and requesting to be directed to Cheshire CARES

Cheshire CARES is open 8am to 8pm Monday to Friday and 9am to 4pm on Saturday and Sunday. The service is available seven days a week excluding bank holidays.  

What if I don’t want to report to the Police?

The Cheshire CARES team provides support to any victim of crime in Cheshire, regardless of whether a report has been made to the Police or not. Contacting the team does not mean a report will be or needs to be made.

What about other services?

The CARES team work closely with local providers, voluntary and community sector organisations that will support victims to help them cope and recover.

As a part of the needs assessment process, the team will identify potential support pathways and will discuss these with the individual to ensure the any referral can go ahead. Information around available support or services will also be provided.

You can also request to be referred to a specialist service at the time or re-contact the CARES team at a later date for further advice. The other services available to you in Cheshire are listed in the directory.

What if I don’t want any support?

If you initially don’t want support, but then change your mind, you can always get in touch with the CARES team through the above methods when you feel the time is right.

Alternatively, other supporting services available to you in Cheshire are listed in the directory.